Re: Problems with hal, devices and udev

On Tuesday 24 January 2006 17:29, Chris wrote:
> Well....  I have two mixed systems.  On one it works on the other, it
> doesn't. I've been trying to figure out why is doesn't on the one system to
> no avail.
>
> I'll compare package version numbers.,..
>
> Chris

I found that updating udev and hal to unstable got things working with KDE
3.5!!!  The version numbers I have installed for that stuff is at the bottom
of this list.

A few days ago Florian Kulzer wrote a nice email on getting devices to show in
panel or on the desktop.  The only differences I noticed to what he wrote is
that dbus-1 seems to get replaced by dbus in unstable.

Chris

ii  kde-icons-crystal             3.7-2                         Crystal icon
theme for KDE
ii  kde-icons-crystalclear        0.0.20050623-1                Everaldo's
"Crystal Clear" icon theme for KDE
ii  kde-icons-mono                3.5.0-3                       a
monochromatic icons theme for KDE
ii  kde-icons-noia                1.0-2                         Noia icon
theme for KDE 3
ii  kde-icons-nuovext             1.6-1                         nuoveXT icon
theme for KDE
ii  kde-icons-nuvola              1.0.0-1                       Nuvola icon
theme for KDE3
ii  kde-servicemenus-kim          0.6.1-1                       Kde service
menu for Image manipulation
ii  kdeadmin                      3.5.0-4                       system
adminstration tools from the official KDE release
ii  kdeadmin-kfile-plugins        3.5.0-4                       KDE file
metainfo plugins for deb and rpm files
ii  kdeartwork                    3.5.0.dfsg.1-2                themes, styles
and more from the official KDE release
ii  kdeartwork-emoticons          3.5.0.dfsg.1-2                emoticon
collections for KDE chat clients
ii  kdeartwork-misc               3.5.0.dfsg.1-2                various
multimedia goodies released with KDE
ii  kdeartwork-style              3.5.0.dfsg.1-2                widget styles
released with KDE
ii  kdeartwork-theme-icon         3.5.0.dfsg.1-2                icon themes
released with KDE
ii  kdeartwork-theme-window       3.5.0.dfsg.1-2                window
decoration themes released with KDE
ii  kdebase                       3.5.0-4                       base
components from the official KDE release
ii  kdebase-bin                   3.5.0-4                       core binaries
for the KDE base module
ii  kdebase-data                  3.5.0-4                       shared data
files for the KDE base module
ii  kdebase-kio-plugins           3.5.0-4                       core I/O
slaves for KDE
ii  kdebluetooth                  0.99+1.0beta1-6+b1            KDE Bluetooth
Framework
ii  kdegames-card-data            3.4.3-2                       Card decks for
KDE games
ii  kdegraphics                   3.5.0-3                       graphics apps
from the official KDE release
ii  kdegraphics-kfile-plugins     3.5.0-3                       KDE metainfo
plugins for graphic files
ii  kdelibs                       3.5.0-3                       core libraries
from the official KDE release
ii  kdelibs-bin                   3.5.0-3                       core binaries
for all KDE applications
ii  kdelibs-data                  3.5.0-3                       core shared
data for all KDE applications
ii  kdelibs4c2a                   3.5.0-3                       core libraries
for all KDE applications
ii  kdelirc                       3.5.0-3                       infrared
control for KDE
ii  kdemultimedia                 3.5.0-3                       multimedia
apps from the official KDE release
ii  kdemultimedia-kappfinder-data 3.5.0-3                       multimedia
data for kappfinder
ii  kdemultimedia-kfile-plugins   3.5.0-3
au/avi/m3u/mp3/ogg/wav plugins for kfile
ii  kdemultimedia-kio-plugins     3.5.0-3                       enables the
browsing of audio CDs under Konqueror
ii  kdenetwork                    3.5.0-3
network-related apps from the official KDE release
ii  kdenetwork-filesharing        3.5.0-3                       network
filesharing configuration module for KDE
ii  kdenetwork-kfile-plugins      3.5.0-3                       torrent
metainfo plugin for KDE
ii  kdepasswd                     3.5.0-4                       password
changer for KDE
ii  kdepim                        3.5.0-5                       KDE Personal
Information Management metapackage
ii  kdepim-kfile-plugins          3.5.0-5                       KDE File
dialog plugins for palm and vcf files
ii  kdepim-kio-plugins            3.5.0-5                       KDE pim I/O
Slaves
ii  kdepim-kresources             3.5.0-5                       KDE pim
resource plugins
ii  kdepim-wizards                3.5.0-5                       KDE server
configuration wizards
ii  kdeprint                      3.5.0-4                       print system
for KDE
ii  kdesktop                      3.5.0-4                       miscellaneous
binaries and files for the KDE desktop
ii  kdessh                        3.5.0-3                       ssh frontend
for KDE
ii  kdetoys                       3.5.0-3                       toys from the
official KDE release
ii  kdeutils                      3.5.0-3                       general
purpose utilities from the official KDE release
ii  kdewallpapers                 3.5.0.dfsg.1-2                wallpapers
released with KDE
ii  libkdepim1a                   3.5.0-5                       KDE PIM
library
ii  liblockdev1                   1.0.2-1                       Run-time
shared library for locking devices
ii  openoffice.org-kde            2.0.0-5                       KDE
Integration for OpenOffice.org (Widgets, Dialogs, Addressboo
ii  udev                          0.076-6                       /dev/ and
hotplug management daemon
ii  hal                           0.5.5.1-5                     Hardware
Abstraction Layer
ii  libhal-storage1               0.5.5.1-5                     Hardware
Abstraction Layer - shared library for storage devices
ii  libhal1                       0.5.5.1-5                     Hardware
Abstraction Layer - shared library
ii  dbus                          0.60-5                        simple
interprocess messaging system
ii  libdbus-1-2                   0.60-5                        simple
interprocess messaging system
ii  libdbus-glib-1-2              0.60-5                        simple
interprocess messaging system (GLib-based shared library)
ii  libdbus-qt-1-1c2              0.60-5                        simple
interprocess messaging system (Qt-based shared library)
ii  pmount                        0.9.7-2                       mount
removable devices as normal user

--
C. Hurschler

--