Re: konqueror heavy swapping

2006/1/23, Randy Kramer <rhkramer@gmail.com>:
> Although I strongly hope that kde gradually develops a smaller memory
> footprint, I suspect there is something about the kernel's use of swap that
> causes the behavior I see.

That is possible.

Recently, the family complains about my computers performance. We use
this pc with me (kde) and 1-2 others running windowmaker and kmail +
maybe one or 2 light applications. Whenever I am logged in, their
session becomes dog slow to load (probably swapped out), and doing
things like opening a new konqueror window takes ages.

My kernel version: 2.6.15.1 (vanilla)
I have 256 MB of Ram. Should be enough for anyones desktop.

--
Frank Van Damme