Re: Konsole root session ignores bash completion

Please respect my signature and Reply-To header as well as the Debian
lists' code of conduct; do not CC me in followups.

Thursday, 12 January 2006 22:14, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> my own shell is zsh, so konsole does :
>
>   $(SHELL) -c "su -"
>
> to launch a root session.
> soit should defininetely do the same as you typing 'su -' in a shell.
> (meaning it creates a login shell with root's $(SHELL)).
>
> maybe your root has /bin/sh as a shell ?

Nah, it's Bash, but as it turns out, I see the same issue if I execute
"su -" rather than just "su", so it appears to be an issue with the
behaviour of su rather than Konsole, and therefore, I guess this is the
wrong list for the matter. Thanks to everyone who chipped in, though.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/