Re: [KDE3.5] kmail, INBOX namespace and subscriptions

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 15:35, VSJ wrote:

> I'm using KDE 3.5 from alioth and it seems that KMail has a new folder
> namespace handling.
>
> When using Courier IMAP, all folders are subfolders of Inbox (which I don't
> like at all) even when the INBOX namespace is set.
>
> Now I'd like to change some folder subscriptions, but no matter what I try,
> I always see Inbox in the left pane as only folder, and I'm unable to
> change the subscription status of the subfolders of Inbox.
>
> Is this a bug, or a feature?

I've got exactly the same problem.  Previously (and still in every other
client) the folder prefix for courier is "INBOX".  Setting that makes folder
lists like

Root
 |- Inbox
 |- Sent
 `- Drafts

After an upgrade to KDE 3.5; the "folder prefix" option is gone and the
namespaces options have appeared.  However, even though the "Personal"
namespace is detected by kmail correctly as "INBOX." the folders all appear
like:

 Root
  `- Inbox
      |- Sent
      `- Drafts

Despite what Derek says, I don't think this is a bug in Courier, it's working
fine in mutt and thunderbird (and was fine in Kmail from 3.4)

Strangely enough, I've also tried a cachedimap setup and that works as
expected: the prefix does apply.  Smells like a bug in Kmail to me.

Andy

--
Dr Andrew Parkins, M Eng (Hons), AMIEE
andyparkins@gmail.com