kmail sometimes hangs after getting mail

Hi,

KMail shows really strange behaviour. I configured it to automatically get
mail every 15 minutes.
Sometimes, this hangs at closing the connection (how the hell can a program
hang here?). One might think that this action has a timeout. But no, there is
none because only pressing the red buttoon helps (and who removed the global
stop button?). This results immediately in getting mail again because 15
minutes already passed.

Maybe the server is a bit broken but I don't care as it is not under my
control. And the problem does not occur every time but only once in a while.

Any ideas about this?

HS