Re: konqueror alphabets all over the place

Curt Howland wrote:

[...]

If I may also comment, this "feature" activates (on my system anyway)
if XINE is playing while Konqueror is open. After some 15 seconds, up
pop all the little shortcut-letters. This is especially annoying if
I'm typing in a form, because the active keys take precedence and the
next letter I hit activates the link rather than continuing the word
I was typing.

Maybe that is triggered by the "screensaver wakeup" (fake key press
events) which xine sends in regular intervals to keep the screensaver
from starting. These can be disabled in xine's "Settings > Setup > gui"
menu. That is probably the safest option if you want to use other
programs while xine plays something.

Regards,
          Florian