Re: kdelibs4-dev on sid?

Am Samstag 26 November 2005 07:30 schrieb Alan Ezust:

>   libarts1-dev: Depends: libarts1c2a (= 1.4.3-2) but it is not going
> to be installed
> E: Broken packages

Hello again,

here is the necessary piece of information

From:  Christopher Martin <chrsmrtn@debian.org>
To:  debian-qt-kde@lists.debian.org, debian-kde@lists.debian.org
Date:  16.11.2005 20:48

[...]

THE ROAD AHEAD
==============

Unfortunately, a necessary change to Debian's GCC configuration [1], that
was just uploaded, breaks binary compatibility for many C++ libraries and
the applications that use them, forcing them to be renamed, as in, for
instance, libfoo7c2 --> libfoo7c2a. KDE is affected by this change. Once
the updated toolchain is in place for all architectures, and all libraries
that arts and kdelibs build-depend on are also transitioned (could be a
while...), then we will upload a transitioned KDE 3.4.3 to Sid (unstable).
KDE 3.5.0 will likely then move into experimental. Only once KDE 3.4.3 has
moved into Etch (testing), will KDE 3.5 be uploaded to unstable, however.

[...]

So this time at least it doesn't seem to be the GCC developers causing
that transition ;-).

Regards,