Re: kdelibs4-dev on sid?

Am Samstag 26 November 2005 07:30 schrieb Alan Ezust:

> ROOT@lazarus]# apt-get install libarts1-dev kdelibs4-dev
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>   libarts1-dev: Depends: libarts1c2a (= 1.4.3-2) but it is not going
> to be installed
> E: Broken packages

Hello Alan,

there seems to be another library transition. This time between KDE 3.4.2
and KDE 3.4.3 related libraries.

As sid does not contain the complete KDE 3.4.3 distribution and all KDE
related packages that are important to me compiled with those new
libraries, I am going to leave those new library packages uninstalled for
a while.

I am a bit puzzled about this, cause I thought there would be *one* C++
ABI transition and not two of them. Seems I have missed something.

IMHO those transitions are quite time consuming for developers,
betatesters and users and would like that they won't happen that often.

Regards,