Re: Can't get Window key to work as menu launch any longer

On Monday 21 November 2005 18:13, Peder Chr. Nørgaard wrote:
> I have a very small, but annoying problem:  The "Windows" key worked
> earlier for me by default, to launch the KDE Menu.  I am not certain
> whether it was the upgrade XFree86->Xorg, or the upgrade KDE 3.3->3.4 - but
> the key has stopped working. Alt-F1 works just fine, still.

As far as I know it was a very bad hack to get the windows key work under KDE,
which cause a lot of problems in 3.3 and prior. So since 3.4, this hack was
taken out and the windows key can't be used for the KDE Menu anymore. But you
can still assign it with other actions, like WIN+E for Konqueror etc.

HTH,

   Christian