Re: backports of latest kde to stable 3.1?

C. Hurschler wrote:

> I'm curious as to the advantages of running a backported version to haveing
> a mixed system with KDE at Sid level.  Is there any technical reason not to
> use a mixed system?

One often wants a rock solid base system, but with a new KDE. It's a desirable
for the primary personal workstation. KDE is growing really fast and has
essential new features and more importntly fixes. But going all the way to
sid at this time (gcc 4, right?) might threaten stability, and one would not
want that on the system used for daily work.

I may be misunderstanding something here, of course.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik