X and 'unstable' (04 Sep 2005)

Over the weekend I attempted to do an 'apt-get dist-upgrade' on
'unstable'.  I had some problems with koffice (which I can live with for a
while) but far worse is the fact that although there is kdm process
running I can't start up X.  The messages below came fomr the
syslog.

I'd be really grateful if somebody could help me bail out of this one.

I'm told rolling back from unstable to stable isn't an option.  Greed,
greed, greed.

Clearly I shouldn't be using 'unstable' :(

Sep  5 16:06:26 foiche kdm[855]: X server "/usr/X11R6/bin/X" cannot be executed
Sep  5 16:06:26 foiche kdm[842]: X server for display :0 can't be started, session disabled

Thanks a lot,
Patrick Healy
--
       http://www.gd2005.org/          http://support.csis.ul.ie/~healyp/