ksmserver question

I have the following question about ksmserver:
Currently I use Debian 3.1 with KDE 3.3.2. I've compiled KDE 3.4 from source
with --prefix=/opt/kde on this system. The default KDE installation is placed
in /usr.
The customly compiled KDE launched through the Debian's kdm (3.3.2) not
through the customly compiled one.
Everything work just fine with the exception that when I try to reboot or halt
the computer from customly compiled KDE session it exit at the kdm greeting
screen. May I ask you what should I do to reboot/halt my PC from the customly
compiled KDE bypassing the kdm greeting screen. I don't want to modify the
init script to launch the customly compiled kdm instead of the Debian's one.
The customly compiled KDE launched with the following script:
*****
#!/bin/sh
KDEDIR=/opt/kde
KDEDIRS=/opt/kde
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/kde/lib
KDEHOME=~/.kdetest
PATH=/opt/kde/bin:/opt/kde/sbin:$PATH
XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/opt/kde/etc/xdg
XDG_DATA_DIRS=/opt/kde/share:/opt/menu
export PATH KDEDIR KDEDIRS LD_LIBRARY_PATH KDEHOME XDG_DATA_DIRS
XDG_CONFIG_DIRS
exec /opt/kde/bin/startkde
*****
And one more question: when KDE started for example through gdm the
reboot/halt options are not visible at the ksmserver's logout screen on every
distribution I've tried before (Mandrake Linux is the only one exception).
Can it be customly modified?
Thanks in advance!