Re: 'Run Command' problems

On Monday 18 July 2005 02:21, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Sunday 17 July 2005 19:39, Jan De Luyck wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Since shortly, I get a lot of 'Could not run the specified command' when
> > using the 'Run command' box (ALT-F2). The commands in question are
> > prefectly valid (they work perfectly from an xterm), and it started off
> > recently that it doesn't find half of the commands anymore.
>
> Could be a different environment, i.e. a different PATH for KDE and the
> shell inside xterm.
>
> This can happen when additional directories are added to PATH in shell
> config files that are only read by interactive shells such as the one in
> terminals, but not the shell running startkde.

Yes, I know that.. But I'm just wondering what might have caused the problem,
since I haven't changed a thing myself, only the 'usual' upgrades through
apt-get.

Earlier the 'Run command' box also showed the icon of the program you were
(trying to) start, that it has stopped doing too. I guess something broke in
unstable ;p but that's to be expected from now and then. Ah well, i'll just
keep launching things from the xterm then for now.

Jan
--
Caution: breathing may be hazardous to your health.