Re: OT: Package stability (was: Re: safe to upgrade sid?)

On Sunday 17 July 2005 11:35 am, Anders Breindahl wrote:
> All that is well known. The morale is, that I still shouldn't suggest
> Unstable to users I help install, and that I really should consider
> Testing myself. I assume that such ``errors'' as kmail breaking would be
> considered rather important to fix straightaway, if they should emerge in
> Testing..?
>
> Regards, Anders Breindahl.

Well, if such an error emerged in testing, it would take even longer to fix,
as the fix would first have to go through unstable.  This is exactly the
reason testing is often considered safer in regard to package stability,
though - hopefully all errors such as this will turn up in unstable and
therefore the broken package will not make it into testing.

Josh