Re: KDE, CUPS and USB printer

Hello,

Normally if you are using a recent kernel ( anything newer than say 2.4.20 ),
simply installing hotplug ( and udev, though it isn't necessary ) should be
all you need. It will pickup the printer and load the needed modules ( usblp
and stuff ).

Here's what to do.

1) Install hotplug, cups and the gimp-print printer info files ( good for
high-quality printing )

apt-get install hotplug cupsys cupsys-client cupsys-driver-gimpprint

2) Restart ( reboot ) your computer

3) Try the KDE Printer Wizard again.

Lawrence