Re: Question about Qt exception handling

Kevin Krammer a écrit :
> On Thursday 01 December 2005 14:30, Pierre Barbier de Reuille wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I don't really know if this is the good channel to talk about that, but
>>I did not find any better one !
>>
>>My question is : is there a reason why the libqt was always compiled
>>without exception handling ? I would need it to centralized the error
>>reporting system. I tried send a request to the developpers using
>>reportbug but I got no answer !
>

> Qt does not use exceptions internally, so compling it with exception support
> will very likely break it.
>
> You can use exceptions in your one code, you just have to make sure they do
> not traverse Qt code.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Well, I don't understand why ! The default options are *with* exception
support !!!! Then, I already tried to compile debian packages with
exception support and it just works very fine ! I don't see any reason
to *explicitly* remove the exception handling.

Pierre

--
Pierre Barbier de Reuille

INRA - UMR Cirad/Inra/Cnrs/Univ.MontpellierII AMAP
Botanique et Bio-informatique de l'Architecture des Plantes
TA40/PSII, Boulevard de la Lironde
34398 MONTPELLIER CEDEX 5, France

tel   : (33) 4 67 61 65 77    fax   : (33) 4 67 61 56 68