Re: Kde devices's automounting on desktop

Le Samedi 22 Octobre 2005 13:13, João Silva a écrit :
> Hi,
> does anybody knows if exists any aplication
> that automatically mounts devices on desktop
> like gnome do?
>
> Greetings,
> João Silva
>
> --
> Cumprimentos,
> João Carlos Galaio da Silva

Add device icons on your desktop, or add the applet in kicker bar.
It will not mount it automatically, but it shows the icons when you
plug the
device (if you use udev+hal), and when you click on this icon, to open
window, it mounts it for you (you need pmount for that)
In kde 3.5, kde will ask you what you want to do with the device (play
a dvd,
play cd audio, write data, mount the device, or so ...)
I guees there are other solutions, but it is the one I choose since
it's well
integrated in kde, and not too intrusive/heavy.