Re: Semi-OT: Speed improvement from fontconfig

Tom A wrote:

On 10/20/05, *Yves Glodt* <yg@mind.lu <mailto:yg@mind.lu>> wrote:

    Tom A wrote:
     > Hi,
     > This might not be news to everyone but I've just built the latest
     > fontconfig snapshot which includes a performance fix described here -
     > http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1495
     > The increase in kde/app startup is significant so I thought it might
     > be worth mentioning.

That's nice to hear... may I ask what "significant" means to you... :-)

To me significant == noticable

I'd say from about 1 second down to < 0.5 for opening konsoles.

Cool! Will try it out tonight! Btw, your steps to build the deb worked fine on a testing box here.

    best regards,