Re: Is there anything I can do to help getting kdebindings updated

On Tuesday, 18 October 2005 18:16, David Goodenough wrote:
> On Monday 17 October 2005 12:12, David Goodenough wrote:
> > Almost all of KDE has now completed the transition through the ABI change
> > and to 3.4.2, but the kdebindings have not made it yet.  There is a bug
> > raised for the transition, but it is 34 days old.
> >
> > I am not a DD, but I have done some work with the java bindings before,
> > and if there is anything I can do to help I would be happy to do so,
> > although my other language skills are limited.
> >
> > David
>
> Well I have downloaded the TAR from kde.org, and surprise surprise it
> compiles quite cleanly.
Of course, 99.9% of KDE releases compile cleanly :)

> I am not sure I should do next.  Do I simply copy
> across the Debian directory from the last version?  Then what?
There are some issues that should be fixed before uploading the new
kdebindings to Sid (and they are the main reason it's taking this time),
this is a little list created from an IRC talk with Adeodato Simó:
* make it build in mips and mipsel: #282134
* port the packaging stuff to CDBS
* there are some patches that we should consider
* other (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=kdebindings)

Best regards

--
Isaac Clerencia at Warp Networks, http://www.warp.es