Re: KOffice 1.4.2 available

On Friday 14 October 2005 08:11, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Am Freitag, 14. Oktober 2005 01:58 schrieb James Spencer:
> > Off the top of my head, there is kiconedit,
>
> That was already named by me and it's the only one I know that can also
> create MS Windows icons easily.
>
> > for editing icons, kolourpaint, as a simple paint program, and krita
> > (now) as a fully featured raster image
> > editor... Each a different tool for a different thing... Sheesh, I don't
> > know what people's problems are with having different tools for different
> > jobs...
>
> Please define the purpose of a "simple paint program" when you can have
> full-featured one?

It might be more complex to work with a "full featured" program if you only
need a small job to do.

Like a lot of developers dislike using an IDE if they are just writing a short
script or simple tool.

Or people using separate programs for mails, news and orgnaizer instead of
"full featured" PIM suites.

Cheers,
Kevin