KMail issues--input wanted before filing reports

I have a few issues with KMail (as part of Kontact) that I thought I'd
see if any of you could confirm or comment on before I possibly file
some bug reports. Two of them, I'd consider bugs; two are wishlist
items.

Keys get sticky when composing long messages

When typing a medium-length e-mail (say, 15 lines or more, getting worse
with length), the responsiveness of the Composer window declines
severely. Single keystrokes are caught as double keystrokes or not at
all. This happens regardless of whether or not automatic spellchecking
is turned on. The system is a P3-500 with 384 MiB of RAM. I'm not
seeing this in any other application (Kate gets slow at the end of long
paragraphs, but it doesn't lose key-up/down events).

Some phrases settings persist despite being changed

Under Settings->Configure KMail->Composer->Phrases, I added the language
presets for Swedish and British English, selected Swedish and removed
U.S. English. Now, when trying to set it to (any) English, the change
appears to take effect, but when replying to an e-mail or going back to
the configuration dialogue after having closed it, the phrases are set
to their Swedish values even though the language is set to English. The
dialogue box seems deeply confused over the British English, U.S.
English, and Swedish language settings, which ones are available, which
one is set, and what their appropriate values are. Sometimes, it will
offer two British English settings (one having Swedish values). At the
moment, adding Swedish is no longer an option.

kmailrc looks like so:

[KMMessage #0]
indent-prefix=>%_
language=en_GB
phrase-forward=Vidarebefordrat brev
phrase-reply=%D skrev du:
phrase-reply-all=%D skrev %F:

[KMMessage #1]
indent-prefix=>%_
language=en_US
phrase-forward=Vidarebefordrat brev
phrase-reply=%D skrev du:
phrase-reply-all=%D skrev %F:

[KMMessage #2]
language=en_US

This is clearly corrupted. While I can fix it manually, it shouldn't
happen.

Wishlist: phrases language should be linked with chosen dictionary

I communicate using e-mail in more than one language, and having to
change the phrases settings in a tab in a section in a configuration
dialogue box accessed from an item in a menu every time I switch
language becomes tedious.

What I'd like to see is the composer window automatically substituting
the standard phrases for forwarding and replying to match the current
dictionary choice.

Wishlist: phrases should use appropriate locale for date

Currently, the phrases function of the composer will, for example,
substitute %D with the long date format of the user's chosen locale.
When choosing a language preset for composer phrases that is different
from the chosen locale (there are valid reasons for doing so; many
users are bilingual), this leads to silly mixing of phrases in one
language and month names and date formats more appropriate to another.

Instead, the date substitution should use the locale appropriate for the
chosen language preset when inserting standard phrases.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/