Only root can mount my memory stick

Last night I installed Kubuntu Preview 5.10 Breezy Beaver and am using the
same home directory as under Kubuntu 5.04.

Under 5.04, my user could mount & umount my memory stick.  Now, with 5.10
Preview when the same user right-clicks the memory stick icon and chooses
"Mount", the message "Only root can mount /dev/sda1 on /media/sda1." is
returned.

The same message is given if I plug in my stick and hope for the system to
recognize the hotplug event.

I know this is not strictly a "pure" KDE question but I have not been given
access to the ubuntu-list mailing list as of yet.  Any help is much
appreciated.

Thanks, Bob
--
Learn to pause -- or nothing worthwhile can catch up to you.