Re: Problem getting KDE 3.4 (sid)/apt troubles

Josh Metzler wrote:
It looks to me like you must be using apt preferences to pin testing at 990 (or some other number > 900). If this is the case, I would unpin testing, install the kde packages you want, then reset your preferences to what they are now.

Well, actually, no. But probably I need to set my preferences right anyway.

Anyway, I decided to do:

aptitude -t unstable dist-upgrade

which does seem to have some unpleasant effects, but if it will lead to a more consistent system, I am quite happy, and will fix the rest later myself. (when it ends running in a few hours i will let you know)

At the moment my preferences and sources.list go as folows:

andrei@cibo:~$ cat /etc/apt/preferences
Package: *
Pin: release o=Debian,a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 300

Package: *
Pin: origin experimental
Pin-Priority: 200

Package: *
Pin: origin debian.linux-systeme.com
Pin-Priority: 120

Package: *
Pin: origin maemo
Pin-Priority: -2

andrei@cibo:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
#deb file:///cdrom/ sarge main

deb http://ftp.fi.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.fi.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

#------------------------------mplayer-----------------------------
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main

# bootsplash & skype
deb http://www.bootsplash.de/files/debian/ unstable main

#skype kdeart
deb http://debian.neo.pl/wfmh unstable main contrib non-free