keeping passwords

Hi,

I was wondering if KDE has the ability to keep passwords for longer than the
current session / log in. The keep password feature (when running an
application as a different user) doesn't work as I would have excepted it to
as it only keeps the password for the duration of the login.

For instance, I use synaptic to update my desktop machine. I would like to
have the ability to supply the root password just once and have it remembered
indefinitely. I realize this is a bit of a security problem on machines that
are used by numerous people but I am the only person that uses, and will ever
use, my machine.

Graham