Re: KDE menu applications gone

Alan Ezust wrote:

> Sorry, could you elaborate on how you did an apt-get of an older
> version of the .deb file? I am in exactly the same boat - I just
> downgraded to testing, and kcontrol shows up with no icons at all.

Just download kdelibs-data_3.3.2-6.1_all.deb from www.debian.org (search
packages).
After download, as root, do:

         dpgk -i ./kdelibs-data_3.3.2-6.1_all.deb

from the directory where you put the downloaded file. dpkg will now
downgrade your kde-libs data.
You should be aware however that from then on in you will be bugged about a
broken package, but you'll have a working kde until you can upgrade it
properly.

Jan
--
** Do not use the reply-to address. It'll end up in the trash can
** Mail me at: janATschledermann.or"REMOVE_THIS"g