Re: For sid users: An overview of the KDE C++ ABI transition

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 10:38:19PM -0700, Keith Schweikhard wrote:
> Is there a work around that would allow me to load the libqt3-mt-dev
> libraries (or equivalent) so I avoid the headache of reverting back
> to make menuconfig?

Compile your packages/kernels in pbuilder[1] or a clean chroot[2]. Compiling
binaries in your desktop enviroiment can lead to suprising problems,
especially if you have non-debian[3] software installed.

Cheers,
Riku

[1] sudo apt-get install pbuilder
[2] debootstrap sarge /var/chroot/sarge/ http://ftp.$locale.debian.org/debian
    chroot /var/chroot/sarge/
[3] Anything from software installed with make install to having unnofficial
    locations in sources.list