Re: For sid users: An overview of the KDE C++ ABI transition

I think I know what the response will be but I will ask the question anyway.
I am currently running KDE 3.3.2 using Debian unstable and a hand rolled
2.6.10 kernel.  I need to update my kernel to include a missing switch.  When
I started by trying to download the 2.6.11 kernel source and ran into a
conflict since the kernel-source package generates a libqt3-mt-dev
dependency.  This dependency "breaks" KDE since libqt3-mt-dev depends on
libqt3-mt.  (Note: the dev packages all broke when you started the upgrade so
they got removed from my machine before I fully understood path the kde
transition was taking.)  I can download and install the kernel-source package
manually (using dselect makes a recommended dependency a requirement) but can
not do a make xconfig.  I can do a make menuconfig but doing this makes
configuring the kernel difficult.  Is there a work around that would allow me
to load the libqt3-mt-dev libraries (or equivalent) so I avoid the headache
of reverting back to make menuconfig?