Re: KDE 3.4.1 in sid/alioth

To the best of my knowledge (I am not a maintainer or developer), the process
is something like this:

1) Wait for gcc 4 transition to be complete in Sid.
2) Wait for Xorg to be available on all platforms in Sid.
3) Recompile KDE 3.4.1 for both of the above and move into Sid.

The alioth packages are compiled for gcc 3 and XFree86.  So mixing those with
gcc4 and Xorg causes Bad Things(tm) to happen.  In my case, sound is so
delayed that listening to music is almost impossible.  I'm sure others have
their own unique stories of weirdness.

Hopefully #1 and #2 won't take too much longer, as I miss my music. :-)  I've
not a clue what the time table is for any of that, though.  For now, avoid
the upgrade command. ;-)

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry@garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012