[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: safe to upgrade sid?

Thanks for the advice, Josh and Larry. I think I will hold off on upgrading.


On Friday 15 July 2005 09:11 pm, Josh Metzler wrote:
> On Friday 15 July 2005 09:16 pm, Tim Folger wrote:
> > Has anyone upgraded sid within the last few days without encountering the
> > segfault with kmail? Does the upgrade still break kmail?
> >
> > Tim
> There hasn't been any change in sid regarding kde libraries or kmail - the
> kdelibs version that causes some people kmail segfaults is still there.
> So, I would recommend you wait.
> There is also the gcc 4.0 transition going on and the xfree86 -> x.org
> transition.  The current plan is that qt3 and then kde 3.4 will be uploaded
> once x.org has built on all architectures.  I plan to wait on upgrading
> anything x or kde related until kde 3.4 is available, assuming that that
> will indicate the transitions that affect me will be made.  You may want to
> do the same.
> Josh

Reply to: