Re: Kvim broken in alioth

Le Ven 27 Mai 2005 16:14, Rigo Wenning a écrit :
> Unfortunately, I just found:
> http://www.inittab.de/blog/2005/03/28#20050328_dropping-kvim
>  According to popcon, kvim is the most often installed vim package
> after vim and vim-common.
> But it is not maintained...
> *sigh*

kvim is not maintained upstream, the patch is ugly, and we (debian vim
packagers) decided to drop it, since we hadn't the time to take over

and in popcon, vim-gtk, vim-gnome, vim-python and alike are all
graphical uis, and if you sum them up, they are more used than kvim

moreover, kvim has *never* been of release quality (not in a debian
sense, but in absolute) : full of graphical glitches, UI problems, and
utilization malfunctions.

so we drop it. but if you feel like you can fix all those + maintain the
patch, you are welcome, and we'd gladly add it again

MadCoder, with debian-vim maintainer cap on
·O·  Pierre Habouzit