Re: Kvim broken in alioth

Le Ven 27 Mai 2005 16:14, Rigo Wenning a écrit :
> Unfortunately, I just found:
> http://www.inittab.de/blog/2005/03/28#20050328_dropping-kvim
>
>  According to popcon, kvim is the most often installed vim package
> after vim and vim-common.
>
> But it is not maintained...
>
> *sigh*

kvim is not maintained upstream, the patch is ugly, and we (debian vim
packagers) decided to drop it, since we hadn't the time to take over
upstream.

and in popcon, vim-gtk, vim-gnome, vim-python and alike are all
graphical uis, and if you sum them up, they are more used than kvim
IIRC.

moreover, kvim has *never* been of release quality (not in a debian
sense, but in absolute) : full of graphical glitches, UI problems, and
utilization malfunctions.

so we drop it. but if you feel like you can fix all those + maintain the
patch, you are welcome, and we'd gladly add it again

MadCoder, with debian-vim maintainer cap on
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit