Re: Kopete Issues with MSN

Am Freitag, 20. Mai 2005 18:10 schrieb Adeodato Simó:
> * Seth Russell [Fri, 20 May 2005 07:50:29 -0700]:
> > Recently, around May 18, microsoft modified their protocol which broke
> > the MSN protocol in Kopete.
>
>   Fixed in sid:
>
>     http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-changes/2005/05/msg01228.html
>
> > The KDE Team has resolved the problem in svn and backported the fix to
> > KDE 3.3

From the ChangeLog:
"Enabled nofinal for kopete/protocols/msn, since otherwise it won't compile."
Can you explain that a bit further?

Was the new code tested at least a bit?
Did you compare your backport and the backport from the kopete team?
24h code in Sarge is quite odd to me especially with such a big changes in
code. Does the new code affect any part besides MSN protocol?

I just wonder how long it takes that some protocol supported by kopete changes
again. I heard of http://volatile.debian.net and maybe kopete is a candidate
for it?

I really like it that backport for older versions are done by the kopete team,
now.

HS