Re: Scrambled fonts in PDF

Derek Broughton schrieb:

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 09:47, Derek Broughton wrote:
Then I'd guess it's the print program rather than the pdf reader, but
beyond that I don't have a clue.  You could output to a PS file and see if
that's more readable than the PDF.  If it is, then the problem's before
ps2pdf.

My bad. Obviously if the PS output is more readable, then the problem IS in ps2pdf.
I did some other tests and it turned out that the problem does _not_ occure when I select Compatibility Level 1.2. The gs default fails. I can reproduce the effect by calling gs (I use gs-esp 7.07) on a ps-file from the command line. I could not find any differences in the verbose output of gs called with compatibility 1.2 or default. Since I can well live with the 1.2 setting, I will settle with that for now.
Thanks for the help!

Marc