alt-tab behaviour changed

If I use Alt-Tab to switch to another program, KDE now prefixes the
list of program names with the desktop name, e.g. "Desktop 1: konsole".
This is blooming annoying as it's just noise, cluttering the alt-tab
display and making it harder to scan it for the program I want, when
every item in the list is now called "Desktop".

I don't care which desktop I left the program on, why does KDE insist
on cluttering the list ?  KDE desktop settings are split across so many
different config screens, that I can't even tell if there's a way to turn
off the prefix to the task list - if there is then please be gentle and
just tell me how !

Nick