Re: Maybe bug in kppp?

Am Mittwoch, 6. April 2005 23:48 schrieb Frans Pop :
> On Monday 04 April 2005 07:58, Matthias Faulstich wrote:
> > But if I make an update to a more actual sarge version of ppp (up to
> > date is 2.4.3-20050321+1), the connection fails.
> [...]
> > After downgrading ppp to version 2.4.2+20040428-6, kppp connects fine
> > again.
>
> Did you read the /usr/share/doc/kppp/README.Debian?
>
> Cheers,
> FJP

You are very right to demand, that users have to read the manuals first before
posting questions.

Indeed, I have read the changelogs for both, kppp and ppp first and googled
for the problem, but I didn't read the README.Debian.

But now, I read it, and found, that everything is like described there:

- user is in group dip

- /etc/ppp/options:
auth

- /etc/ppp/peers/kppp-options:
noauth

- additionally: /etc/ppp/peers/kppp
noauth

while there is a single argument in the ppp argument list of the setup for the
provider in kppp:
call kppp

(I read that in a HOWTO)

But I testet that noauth or #noauth result the same connection error with a
newer ppp version.

And again - after downgrading
ppp 2.4.3-20050321+1
with