Re: x.org from Ubuntu together with Debian Sarge/Sid and KDE 3.4 packages from alioth

Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I finally wanted to try out xorg 6.8.2 and tried with Ubuntu packages
> (version: 6.8.2-10). This worked quite nicely. I just added
>
> deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hoary main restricted universe
> multiverse
>
> temporarily and installed xserver-xorg and some depdendencies.

Nice work, I think this might silence some flames :)

I still have a related question: from time to time I see posts in
debian.devel.x like:

  "X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r37 - trunk/debian"

could somebody please explain what this means? Is there some hidden place
like alioth, where a brave user can install some semi-official x.org
packages produced by xss?

Bastian