Re: kde 3.4 in sid

Le Lundi 4 Avril 2005 17:35, Dennie Bastiaan a écrit :
> On Monday 04 April 2005 15:40, Bastian Venthur wrote:
> > Hi List,
> >
> > Sorry for beeing so annoying,
>
> You're not. The fact that debian won't include x.org and (therefor?)
> won't include KDE 3.4 is _very_ annoying. I know that a lot of people
> explained why it is like that, but I see many debian-users around me
> who find it very annoying also. And I cannot see why it is so hard to
> include x.org before sarge goes stable. It isn't called "unstable"
> for no reason. I'm not alone. You're not alone.

well, sarge *should* be out. and we cannot delay it once more. and
adding x.org will need to make it stable on all archs, and then resolve
all compile problems it will generate, and so on.

we don't have time for this.

please don't forget that x.org, kdelibs, ... are used by *many*
packages, and that changing them, may need a new build of all of them,
and can generate new security/rc bugs.

the real problem is not that sarge won't ship kde 3.4 or x.org, but that
sarge isn't out *yet*.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O