Re: What's the best way to safely remove kde apps?

Am Montag, 21. Februar 2005 17:03 schrieb Derek Broughton:
> Perhaps.  It should, in any case, attempt to maintain compatibility with
> dpkg.

Hmm, does it really? It runs apt-get which runs dpkg. If you use a dpkg hold,
it should hold the package in that case although I am not sure if
--force-hold is not used.

> > if anything in the meta package
> > is removed, aptitude will remove it automatically on upgrade when it is
> > marked as dependency installed ('A'). This is the big bonus of using
> > aptitude instead of apt-get.
>
> I would think so.  I can't see it being a big bonus that I have to go to a
> (quite unintuitive) curses based interface instead of using the
> command-line (apt-get) or GUI (kpackage) interfaces I'm used to, though.

It's  much more intuitive that dselect. And I don't like the kpackage
interface.

HS