KMix and Krec

I ma struggling to know what I am doing wrong.  I have just bought myself a
pair of headphones with a microphone.

With kmix running, I can switch on the microphone, and I immediately here
everything I am saying through the headphones.

However if I run any program that relies on input (Krec, Krecord, Kwaveditor),
I don't seem to get input into these programs.

I am running a linux 2.6.10 kernel with the snd_emu10k module loaded (ASLA
with by SBLive Soundcard).

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk