Re: Launching KPPP from desktop with root loses dsktop icons and wallpapers...

On Saturday 05 February 2005 05:51, Phillip Pi wrote:

> I went to test the settings and KPPP connection. I got all the way to
> connection, but I get disconnected immediately and get a "Sorry -
> KDesktop error: "KDEInit could not launch '/usr/bin/kppp'".

Kppp needs to be SUID root, and in /etc/ppp/options you must change
"auth" to "noauth" on about line 35.  IIRC those are the only things
you need to change from the out-of-the-box setup, along with making
sure that the user is a member of "dip" and "dialout".

--
 -| Bob Hauck
 -| To Whom You Are Speaking