Re: Eject fails!?

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 15:24, Zácek Krystof wrote:
> Make sure you have permissions to WRITE to the CDROM device (something like
> /dev/cdrom or /dev/hdc or so). Best practice is assigning the cdrom group
> to this device, give it write permission and add users to this group.

??

Unless your Debian installation is seriously screwed up,  and in fact I would
say that even your kernel must have something bad happening to it, if this
has not happened automatically.

All you need to do is to add the user to the cdrom group for it to work
properly. And if he can mount the device he is probably already part of the
cdrom group, making your advice totally redundant.

I still maintain that he is probably missing the 'eject' package. It's a
simple thing to check, and it is often the cause of this problem. I have had
it myself plenty of times.

Anders