Re: kde 3.3.2 in experimental?

* Lawrence Williams [Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:21:19 -0330]:
> Hey guys,

  Hi,

> Anyone know the status of KDE 3.3.2 in experimental? I know there's a
> sort of preview packaging there, but is anyone still working on it? or
> is everyone focused on getting 3.3.1 ready for sarge?

  We will start uploading those 3.3.2 packages (plus some fixes) to
  unstable soon. In fact, these uploads should have already happened,
  but the mipsel buildd is lagged and that is forcing us to defer them
  for a while.

> I noticed that the 3.3.2 packages lack some security fixes from
> upstream.

  Uhm, those are kdegraphics and kdelibs, righ?

> I would be willing to package the current upstream KDE 3.3.2
> completely if the maintainers are interested. I already help out with
> SDL packaging for Debian, and would like to assist on KDE as well, as I
> use it everyday here at home.

  Well, help is always welcome. What we always need most is bug handling
  power, FWIW.

  Cheers,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual certainty,
and I thirsted for a meaningful vision of human life -- so I became a
scientist. This is like becoming an archbishop so you can meet girls.
                -- Matt Cartmill