Re: How Do I Enable My Mouse Wheel?

On January 14, 2005 03:10 pm, Robert Tilley wrote:
> After a fresh installation of Knoppix 3.7, I noticed that my mouse
> wheel was no longer recognized in Konqueror.  What can I do to have
> KDE detect my mouse wheel?
>
> Bob

Edit the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file and in the section that will look
similar to this.

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "CorePointer"
        Option      "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons"  "True"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
EndSection

Change the Option   "Protocol" "auto" line to Option  "Protocol"
"ImPS/2"  then logout of KDE and restart the X server for the changes
to take effect. You may also need to change too  Option  "Device"
"/dev/psaux" if "/dev/input/mice" is there as well assuming of course
you have a PS/2 mouse not a usb one and make sure that the Option
"ZAxisMapping"  "4 5" line is included in the section this is what
controls the wheel mapping. If these suggestions do not work then can
you either post to the web somewhere or as an attachment the
files /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and /var/log/XFree86.0.log so people can
see what you are using for a config and what happens when the X server
gets started.

Stephen

--
Debian the choice of a GNU generation.