Re: java plug-in (sablevm)

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Derek Broughton wrote:

> On Thursday 06 January 2005 11:39, Michael Koch wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 6. Januar 2005 15:47 schrieb Derek Broughton:
> > > If I can't use Swing, it's useless.  Sorry, but we're years past
> > > that.  I tried to use kaffe, but I have to go back and rewrite far
> > > too much.
> >
> > If you would provide more info we could work on your problem but with
> > so much information I can't help you.
>
> There's no "information" because I need a Java2 runtime.

I guess being constructive could f.ex. mean (in that order):

1. going through the list and noting where Java1 & Java2 differ
2. checking whether/where the free implementations (do not) conform
3. send patches

Saying that the free VMs doesn't implement all of Java2 may help people
not to waste their time on trying out different combinations of OSS, but
I can't see how going on ranting about how crap the free implementations
are will help anybody.
*t