Re: java plug-in

Am Mittwoch, 5. Januar 2005 07:48 schrieb jianan:
> I would like to be completely free, software-wise, but do I have a choice
> in this case, if a vendor site uses Java applets to fill forms?

Since konqueror does not rely on a mozilla-plugin, it should be able to use
any java interpreter. Kaffe is a free one but may have its limitation (I
never tried it):
Package: kaffe
Section: interpreters
Installed-Size: 116
Maintainer: Ean R. Schuessler <ean@novare.net>
Architecture: all
Version: 2:1.1.4.PRECVS6-1
Depends: kaffe-pthreads | kaffe-jthreads
Filename: pool/main/k/kaffe/kaffe_1.1.4.PRECVS6-1_all.deb
Size: 54400
MD5sum: c0668a4b8f3517c79d0483885a6c5de5
 A virtual machine designed to execute Java bytecode.  It performs
 "just-in-time" code conversion from the abstract code to the host machine's
 native code.  This will ultimately allow execution of Java code at the same
 speed as standard compiled code but while maintaining the advantages and
 flexibility of code independence.

HS