Re: UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS (was KMail complains about missing gpgsm)

* Matej Cepl [Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:05:22 -0500]:
> Adeodato Simó wrote:
> >   if you don't need kleopatra, don't install it. just gpgsm will be
> >   enough for KMail support.

> Are you sure? I thought that kleopatra replaces kgpgcertmanager (which is
> broken and won't be fixed, because it is obsolete) and without that you
> don't have S/MIME keys management.

  understand the 'if you don't need kleopatra' in its broader sense: if
  you don't need kleopatra to do the S/MIME key management (because you
  use some other tool, or because you already have all the keys you
  need), just gpgsm will be enough for KMail to *verify* the messages.

  obviously, if you start with no keys, you'll need something to import
  them, e.g. kleopatra.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

I try to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out.