UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS (was KMail complains about missing gpgsm)

* Tim Ruehsen [Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:43:28 +0100]:
> Hi,

> i would like to aktivate S/MIME support in Kmail 1.7.1, KDE 3.3.1, SID.
> It says something like (translated from german): 'Engine /usr/bin/gpgsm not
> configured'. I can't find any official unstable packet witch contains gpgsm.

> Can someone help me out?

  hi again, as you know, I wrote the already existing instructions [1].

    [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2004/09/msg00102.html

  since then, a few things have changed:

    - gpgme0.4 no longer exists in Debian, now its gpgme1.0

    - gmgme1.0 has now gpgsm detection at runtime, so RECOMPILING IS NO
      LONGER NECESSARY.

    - gpgsm has been split into a separate package (formerly it was
      included in gnupg2).

  so, basically, it's all much more easy now. with Matthias Urlichs'
  experimental repository in your sources.list [2], just do:

    # apt-get install gpgsm kleopatra

    [2] deb http://smurf.noris.de/code/debian/ experimental smurf

  if you don't need kleopatra, don't install it. just gpgsm will be
  enough for KMail support.

  I overlooked when I filed #274611, since I didn't realize that gnupg2
  does not depend in gpgsm.

  hopefully this will work for everybody, please follow up in either
  case so that I can know.

                                 * * *

  also, all required packages are meant to enter debian really soon, so
  once that happens and we fix dependencies in kdepim, this will all be
  automatic. sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

There is no man so good who, were he to submit all his thoughts to the
laws, would not deserve hanging ten times in his life
                -- Michel de Montaigne