Re: Upgrading to Sarge in hope for KDE 3.x

Ville Koivisto wrote:
> I've decided to try distribution upgrade to Sarge and found instructions
> from Debian Reference manual. Is this the way to go or is there something
> I should know, that is missing from the document, in order to make a
> healthy upgrade to testing?

Instead of apt-get I would use aptitude. Change your /etc/apt/sources.list,
then run aptitude, update (key U). Check that there are no broken packages
(you would see it in the second top line of aptitude), then G, go through
the list if you see something strange, and then G again and download couple
of hundred megabytes of new packages (hint: don't do it on your dial-up
connection!).

Have luck!

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man
I know.
      -- Abraham Lincoln