Re: Upgrading to Sarge in hope for KDE 3.x

On Wednesday 17 November 2004 11:31, Ville Koivisto wrote:
> I've decided to try distribution upgrade to Sarge and found instructions
> from Debian Reference manual. Is this the way to go or is there something I
> should know, that is missing from the document, in order to make a healthy
> upgrade to testing?

Assuming you haven't screwed up your system completely ;), you just need to
edit /etc/apt/sources.list so to replace all occurances of woody or stable,
with either testing or sarge.

If you want to continue to run testing even when sarge is released as stable,
you should use testing, if you want to keep with sarge and have security
updates when it becomes stable you should use sarge.

Then do

 # apt-get update
 # apt-get dist-uprgade

Then wait and hope for the best.. If something breaks, I would purge it and
everything related, and reinstall the packages.

Anders

--
This email was written using KMail 1.7 (KDE3.3) on Debian GNU/Linux