Re: Konsole: Tab titles gnome-terminal style?

in .bashrc add something like:

case $TERM in
    xterm*)
	PS1="\[\033]0;\u@\h: \w\007\]\[\033]30;\u@\h: \w\007\][\u@\h:\w] "
   ;;

to show user@host: path in each path and title. This is true if your konsole session had $TERM set to xterm of cause, and ofcause if you use bash.

Cheers
/Robert

Carles Cufi wrote:
Hi there,

I have switched from gnome-terminal to konsole since the latter is much much faster in my laptop (1.6 Ghz and gnome-terminal struggles!). I am totally satisfied with konsole except for one thing: the tab titles. When I have several terminal tabs open, and in each tab I am in a different directory or editing a different file with VI, I'd like konsole to show that to me instead of just showing "Shell No. x". In fact, I'd like konsole to do exactly what gnome-terminal does, which is to show in the tab title what you'd see as a window title once you click on that tab. Any clues on how to do this?

Thanks very much in advance!

Carles