Re: Can we lose the 'KDE is cool' blurb, please

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Adeodato Simó wrote:

* Andrew Schulman [Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:20:38 -0500]:
I recently wondered what kooka was and entered 'apt-cache show kooka'.  It
tells me how cool KDE is, but only at the end do I see what kooka is.  Same
with all (most?) other KDE packages.

Can we lose that 'KDE is cool' blurb in every package description, please
(except in the kde metapackage obviously and probably the kdebase/kdelibs
packages.) It doesn't add any relevant information and makes it harder to
locate the information which I actually want to see.

I agree, it gets annoying to read that same little promo attached to
every KDE package.

 patches are very welcome. pick your favourite kde app and write a nice
 description for it. could even work, if each user here would prepare
 one.

Good idea! First post:

Package: konqueror
Version: 4:3.2.2-1
Severity: wishlist
Tags: patch

The attached patch provides a description for konqueror ripped straight
from its homepage: http://konqueror.kde.org (with minor changes for
readability).

Please apply, thanks,

Haven't received the receipt (with the BTS number) from Debian yet.
*t

  Tomas Pospisek
  http://sourcepole.com -  Linux & Open Source Solutions